If you're a fan of photography, you're probably familiar with the famous Instagram social network. This social network is characterized by its focus on photography. From it you can promote yourself as a photographer or as a content creator of small one-minute shorts.
AlternWorld would like to present you with the best alternatives to Instagram, This way you will be able to upload photos to other platforms either because it is your hobby or because you want to promote yourself.
What are the problems with Instaram?
If you're not a big fan on Instagram you won't have any problems when you upload a new post or photo. On the other hand if you have a large number of followers here are some of the problems:
- If you have a lot of followers you have to upload content daily if you want visibility.
- For Instagram to promote you you have to upload many posts, this makes the quality decrease.
- There is a lot of advertising.
As we said before, these problems will only affect you if you have more than 10,000 followers, otherwise they won't. However, AlternWorld would like to present you with a list of the best alternatives to Instagram so that you can try out other similar networks.
Top 7 alternatives to Instagram
From AlternWorld we present you the 7 best alternatives to Instagram so you can get to know other similar social networks and promote yourself or hang out.
The first alternative we present to you so that you can use another network similar to Instagram is Wisaw. Its interface is minimal and simple, you only have the option to take pictures and upload them. Then you'll have an index where the photos closest to you appear.
Advantages of Wisaw:
- Very easy to use.
- Very simple and intuitive interface.
- You can comment all the posts.
Wisaw's opinions: [Average rating 4'3/5]
- Good one. -Carlos.
- I love it. -Pablo.
- Great design. -Julia.
The second alternative we present to you is VSCO. VSCO is a two-in-one application. On the one hand, with it you can take and edit photos and videos, with advanced editing options with which you can retouch them and then publish them wherever you want.
Advantages of VSCO:
- You can edit photos before uploading them.
- Promote your company or photography work.
- Premium option.
- Gives you tips on how to improve your posts.
VSCO's opinions: [Average rating 4'5/5]
- One of the best alternatives. -Lorena.
- I love it, great. -Yolanda.
- Good one. -Marcos.
Arriving at the third alternative of the 7 best alternatives to Instagram we meet Vero. In Vero you don't just have followers like in Twitter or Instagram, but you can put your contacts in different types of groups, and then choose which ones you want to share your content with.
- You choose with whom you want to share your photos.
- No followers.
- You can also publish books.
Vero's opinions: [Average rating 4'5/5]
- One of the best you'll find. -Anna.
- Very cool. -Laura.
- I like being in a community. -Lluc.
Coming to the halfway point of this list of alternatives, the fourth one we present to you is Tik Tok. It is a social network which allows you to create, edit and upload music videos of 15 seconds, and you can apply various effects and add a background musical.
Advantages of Tik Tok:
- It's very addictive.
- From 5 thousand followers you can make money.
- It promotes your posts.
Opinions of Tik Tok: [Average rating 4'6/5]
- It's so addictive I can't stop. -Alex.
- Very funny. -Núria.
- I love it. -Miquel.
The fifth application on this list is Snapchat . This social network allows you to take pictures and videos and upload them so that they can be published for a few hours.
Advantages of Snapchat:
- Lets you create a fan base.
- The photos stay 24h.
- You can talk privately with people.
- One of the most used.
Snapchat opinions: [Average rating 4'5/5]
- I love wasting my time at Snapchat. -Maria.
- Good app. -Carmen.
- Good one. -Raul.
The penultimate and sixth application we present to you is EyeEm. EyeEm is another platform that unites two functionalities in one. For one part, is a catalogue of professional photographs to which any person can acquire to buy the license for the use of the that you like the most, and on the other hand it's a platform where creators can upload their photos.
Advantages of EyeEm:
- You can buy photos.
- They can buy your photos.
- Created for professionals.
- You can earn money.
EyeEm Reviews: [Average rating 4'6]
- I can promote myself as a photographer. -Marc.
- I like it, there are good photos. -Laura.
- Good initiative for amateurs. -Nico.
The last alternative that we present to you so that you can enjoy photography without entering Instagram is Tumblr . The microblogging social network is also an interesting alternative to Instagram, at least in case you are looking for a place to upload your pictures .
Advantages of Tumblr:
- It's also a platform to explain your stuff.
- You can easily promote yourself.
- There are many varieties and categories.
- Simple interface.
Opinions of Tumblr: [Average rating 4'8/5]
- I've been using it for many years and it's very good. -Nerea.
- I love it, it's spectacular. -Daniel.
- Great, the best. -Jordi.